Adelaide will take a recast attack into Saturday’s must-win home AFL clash against Sydney, with key forwards Shaun McKernan and Lewis Johnston out of the side.
The Crows made five changes – three of them unforced – for the match between the two winless teams.
Adelaide’s attack struggled last weekend in the Showdown loss to Port Adelaide.
McKernan was ruled out with concussion and Johnston was dropped.
The Crows also axed Jason Porplyzia and Sam Shaw, while Brad Crouch is recovering from a broken leg.
Crouch’s younger brother Matt will make his AFL debut, while Jared Petrenko, Kyle Hartigan, Rory Laird and Josh Jenkins were recalled.
The Swans also lost Sam Reid to an Achilles tendon injury and Craig Bird has a calf problem.
Lewis Roberts-Thomson and Jeremy Laidler will take their places.
In a busy week for team news:
* Brett Deledio’s ankle injury puts him out of the Richmond team for the first time since 2007.
* The Tigers also have lost top ruckman Shaun Hampson for Saturday’s match against the Western Bulldogs, but reigning club best and fairest winner Daniel Jackson will play his first senior game this year.
* With Ivan Maric also injured, Orren Stephenson will be Richmond’s top ruckman.
* Geelong youngster George Burbury has made a quick comeback from the broken jaw he suffered in the pre-season win over Collingwood. He will return on Saturday night, also against the Magpies.
* Collingwood’s Alex Fasolo is back for his first senior game in nearly a year.
* `Pies backman Lachlan Keeffe will come in for Nathan Brown (shoulder) and Ben Sinclair has a hamstring injury.
* Hawthorn regained Sam Mitchell (calf), but lost captain Luke Hodge (groin) for Friday night’s grand final rematch against Fremantle. The Hawks also brought in Matt Spangher for Tim O’Brien.
* Fremantle brought in Garrick Ibbotson, Lachie Neale and Alex Silvagni for suspended pair Nathan Fyfe and Zac Dawson and Michael Barlow (knee).
* Melbourne have dropped Viv Michie and Jimmy Toumpas for Sunday’s game against Greater Western Sydney.
* Essendon have lost ruckman Patrick Ryder (ankle) for Sunday night’s blockbuster against Carlton and dropped Zach Merrett.
* North Melbourne vice-captain Jack Ziebell (shoulder) did not train on Thursday and is no certainty for Sunday’s game against Port Adelaide.